Ah, what a daunting project. I started it forever ago as well. Who takes 2 years to make a quilt? Sheesh. I love love love the fabric, but the blanket as a whole is quite shoddy, due to my poor sewing skills. The best part is that I got through 3/4 of the project and stopped. I sewed the edges of the top, bottom, and batting layers together, but never went through and sewed all the three layers together throughout the blanket. And then I used the blanket, and have been washing it. The batting grew stretched and bulky all over because it was not sewn to the blanket. So today I did an improvised liposuction by ripping open the middle seam, gathering all the excess batting to the center, and cutting a good portion of it off to make it lay flat. I then sewed the middle seam shut and have been sewing all three layers together. It's quite imperfect but after 2 years of neglect, I'm quite ok with just finishing it and using it. This was a big huge project, but one of my favorites.
I don't have a picture of this on my bed but I will take one and post it. It's prettiest when it's on the bed.
Also, please forgive the random string still hanging off the quilt. I still have a few more rows to sew.
1 comment:
I love how Megan is always your model.
Post a Comment