Favorite new song: "Fireflies" by Owl City
I love this song for several reasons. 1) It's magical. It makes me think of a guy, lying in bed, staring at the light and shadows on the ceiling, and smiling as he remembers the first time he ever caught a firefly in his hands. He peeked into the interior of his cupped hands to see the bug light up, reflecting light and wonder into his eyes. I'm all about the reminiscing about the past, the refusal to let go of the Child At Heart. 2) I'm also all about strings/instrumental in contemporary music. It's my favorite thing ever. Modern songs that have a bit of string/instrumental easily and quickly become my repeat-button songs. This song is my current repeat-button song. I will listen to it over and over until I wear it out and then shelve it permanently into it's appropriate slot on the "This is Me" playlist in my mind, as the song that fit me perfectly at this moment in my life.
3 comments:
This post could've been a Bearproof song... ;)
Just kidding. It's an amazing song and I'm gonna buy it right now.
I am seriously in love with this song too. I heard it 2 times on the radio and that was it, I was hooked, I had to find it. I should have just looked at your blog and found it here. I too have it on constant repeat until I get sick of it.
Post a Comment