Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Make Your Own Baby Food!

1) Steam


2) Puree


3) Store


4) Freeze


Then when baby is ready to eat, pop out a cube or two, defrost and feed! It's as easy as that. *
It saves on money and garbage waste, and you will know exactly what is going into your baby's belly.

I've made sweet potatoes, peas, carrots, pears, pears-plums, apples-cinnamon, peaches, zucchini from the garden, and squash from the garden.

This is a great website for learning how to make your own baby food: Wholesome Baby Food

*(some foods require a few varied steps, like baking certain fruits for a richer flavor, and straining foods with skins or lumps)


6 comments:

The Stephens said...

What a great idea! Where do you find the time?! You are super mom indeed!

Katrina said...

I used my rice cooker because it has a steam basket and Kate's favorite was apples and blueberries.

Instead of ice cubes I used mini tupperwares. I think they were the disposable ones. They held about 1/2 cup or less. Perfect!

Anonymous said...

Ah! An ice tray! what a great idea!

Cassie said...

You are such a good little mommy. I would never think of such a thing. Love you.

Eva said...

pineapple-applesauce is a favorite around here, just throw a few pineapple hunks in when you do apples. It smells amazing.
I have these things called "baby cubes" little re-useable containers that you label with dry-erase markers.

Aubrey said...

I did that for Macie too! Awesome isn't it?