Benji Boy has learned to speak his mind. And it's in the form of chiding me, haha. "Mama mom, get me outta this thing! I'm bored of it!" I'm just glad he said "mama" first instead of "dada". You better believe I would have actively manipulated history's account of his first word if that had been the case.
It's interesting to me that their first words are words that describe the role of their parental figures. I think kids have no idea what they are saying when they first say "mama" and "dada" but parents, in an effort to more connect with their children, have taken those naturally occuring first words and made them into words that describe themselves. Parent's of history past have gone by the universal cues of babies everywhere and took their first understandable babble and made them into words that had a meaning and person attatched.
Same with other things. Benji Boy has always said "num num num" when he is eating something and finds it particularly delectable. Again I believe parents have followed the cues of their babies and made words from the babble. "Num num num? Is that nummy?" which then transformed into "yummy" and there you go, babies as young as a couple months old have contributed to the adding of words to our language!
Way to go Benji. You're a real boy!
5 comments:
I cannot believe how much he looks like your dad and bobby and grandpa bob.
Cute boy!!!
He is so cute. I could watch this video like 80 time over. Okay, guilty. Maybe I have.
Just wanting to wish you a Happy Birthday Ms. Sarah.. I love you!!
Oh cute! Isn't that the sweetest word you've ever heard in your life?
Post a Comment