Monday, November 12, 2007

A Conversation?

I go a singles ward for church each Sunday, which is stuffed with a wide variety of odd people. To illustrate the depth and quality of conversation available from the young men in the ward, here is one that actually occurred about two months ago:

Young man approaches my sister and I.

young man- Do you know what a dog's head sounds like when it is crushed by a car tire?

My sister gasps.

me-
I can't believe you just said that.

He seems to think we are encouraging him; that our horror is actually delight and that we can't wait to hear what it sounds like when a dog's skull is crushed. He tries again.

young man- It sounds like...
me- Don't say it.
young man- It sounds like a...
me- STOP!
young man- It...
me- I'm not kidding! I don't want to hear what it sounds like!

When he tries once more, we turn around and walk away.


4 comments:

.::still blinking::. said...

That is disgusting.

Kateka said...

That is amazing. What a weirdo!

I just got "Tagged" on my blog. Your turn! Tag you are it. Look at my blog for details!

Anonymous said...

Was it Ben Shaw by any chance?

Nemesis said...

WOW. I have no words to that. Seriously makes me want to start Googling the term "nunnery."