Friday, January 01, 2010

Resolute

#1) Lose 20 pounds. Boring and cliche resolution, but I have the self control this time and access to pool/gym so I am gonna do it!!!! Let's move on.

#2) Run a half marathon. I did this once. It's one of my top 5 biggest accomplishments. Let's see if I can do it again.

#3) Get my temple recommend. Pshaw. This one's already in the bag. I'm worthy (finally?) and am a full tithe payer. The only step is to meet with my new bishop (singles ward, egads, here we go again) and have him sign his name on that bad boy. And then temple, here I come. I have missed you and needed you very much.

#4) Finish my nursing pre-req's and be accepted to nursing school. I'm already on the road to accomplishing the first portion of this resolution. I start school this semester.

#5) Be a better friend. I've been quite the terrible friend. I don't call, I don't call back, I don't make plans, I break plans, I don't make an effort. For the friends that I've neglected, I'm sorry. I really do love you, I've just been lazy/unmotivated/in-a-funk/a-bad-friend. I am going to do better. Expect a call from me soon.

#6) Write in my journal every Sunday. At one point in my life, I even used to write once a day, and sometimes even twice a day. Now however, here it is a year later and I am STILL on the entry about Benjamin's birth. Baby steps, my friends, baby steps. Writing once a week is accomplishable.

#7) Read scriptures every day. I can't tell you how many times I've tried this and quit after day 2. I know the key is to establishing a routine, so that each day it will just fit in naturally to my day. It takes 21 days to make a habit, so we'll see how I am doing by Jan. 21.

1 comment:

Kateka said...

Hey. If I am not knocked up when you want to start training for a half marathon, I'll do it with you. :)