Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I Love...

-Harmons, your neighborhood grocer, and the "Expectant Mothers" parking spot that is less than 5 steps from their front door. I go out of my way to shop there just for that one reason.

-Old seasons of E.R., and getting way too into the lives of the characters. Curse Lucy's death and Dr. Greene's tumor!

-Feeling baby boy have the hiccups. And because he is always getting bigger (and by virtue, causing me to be always getting bigger), being able to actually feel little limbs in there at rest, like an elbow here or a knee there. I used to be able to only feel him when he moved.

-Re-learning to knit. Current project- ribbed scarf like this one from Urban Outfitters, although mine is not nearly as cute as this one and without the hood:

and in these colors:

I didn't plan on having the scarf look like a scoop of Neapolitan ice cream. Perhaps it's the cravings exhibiting themselves in knit form. Anyway, it's super cute and I'm excited to be doing something somewhat worthwhile whilst my pregnancy exhaustion (ok, let's call it what it really is- laziness) causes me to sit on my ever expanding butt the majority of the time.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

I still remember when Carter got stabbed and the camera turns to Lucy also sprawled on the floor... intense shit.

Kateka said...

Oh no. Is ER really good? I watch every flippin' TV series out there and whenever anyone tells me they really like a certain one, I go nuts and have to watch them. I can't help myself! I guess ER is next. :)

Tazia said...

You are so funny. I love it. I am learning to crochet (?) again and have made some scarfs for my in laws but they don't nearly compare to your knitting skills or my moms skills. Maybe someday if I practice enough.

Eva said...

I always vowed to shop at Harmons when prego.
Sadly, there are no Harmons here in the state where I've lived pregnant.
Also, totally does not count as Lazy when you're with child.
A pregnant woman, resting is exerting as much energy as it takes a non pregnant person to climb a mountain all day.
sister in law told me that.
I think it's a lie but it's a lie I hold close to my heart.