Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Old Gang


I found the cutest bedding for the boy yesterday.  I was so excited, as I found it 30% off the regular price, and I am the bargain shopper of the world.  It is vintage Disney character bedding, and I was so pleased when I found it.

 I've expressly forbidden those close to me from indoctrinating my boy with anything sports related (i.e. little onsies that say "Allstar" with pictures of baseball bats and basketballs), but I am all for indoctrinating my child with anything and everything Disney from the moment he escapes the womb.  The first thing he sees when he wakes up each morning (and 7 times throughout the night) will be the vintage characters of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, and Goofy.  Like Katrina, I love Disneyland with a passion and still believe in the magic of that place.  I can't wait to take my kids there and see them experience it for the first time, and the second time, and forever and onward.

 My family is obsessed with Disneyland. Extreme example- my brother, at his farewell speech before departing to Mexico for two years, bore his testimony which included praises to Walt Disney and Disneyland.  I'm not talking about the commercialized, advertised-to-death Disney that is unfortunately what Disney has become.   That is not what I love.  I'm not the annoying tourist who wears Disney memorabilia in everyday life.  I don't own a Winnie the Pooh hoodie, or a Mickey t-shirt.  I'm talking about the feeling of being in Disneyland- that huge excitement that threatens to burst out the seams of your body, the feeling that you are in the only place where you could do anything in the world.  There is a distinct magic of that place.  I don't care if it's commercialized or electronic or whatever.  Be as negative as you want about it, but I will always love it and you can't talk me out of it (and I've had people try, you party poopers).  I'd rather be a child at heart than a realistic jerk, thank you very much.   Maybe I'll just go buy some Disney bedding for myself too, but then I'd be one of the annoying tourists I'm so against

(Note- the boy's room will not be THAT Disney as the picture.  I only have the things in the crib, the quilt, and the mobile.  No lamp, wall hangings, wallpaper, diaper thingie, window valance, throw, or rug need apply... although the rug is dang cute, and I might be searching for something similar for the boy's room.)

2 comments:

Whit said...

YAY for Disney!!! Anyone that tries to talk you out of loving Disney and Disneyland should be shot! I love that bedding! it's adorable! I have heard there is a Discount Disney Store in Provo... might be worth checking it out :)

Kateka said...

That is cute. I really like it. I am torn about baby decor as well, not like it should concern me now, but I believe in decorating for not just one baby but for the next few you plan on having, so I like the idea that Disney designs can be for both baby girls and baby boys. You don't have to worry about the next child being a girl, because this room will suit her just fine too!