Saturday, May 03, 2008

Sprout and the Bean

I've become a collector of music (of sorts- my taste in music can be so weird sometimes). I always find the most random songs which turn out to be my favorites. I absolutely love this song by Joanna Newsom. The harp part might be the most gorgeous thing I've ever listened to. It's what I imagine to be the perfect song to lay out in the summer to, under the sun and with the grass scratching at your arms, as she does at 1:47 of this music video. She reminds me of a modern pixie, as perfect for the "Lord of the Rings" series.



I'm not the biggest fan of Joanna Newsom's voice though. I found this cover by The Moscow Coup Attempt before I heard Joanna Newsom's original and can't figure out which version I prefer. They should put the vocals of TMCA version with the harp of JN's version. That would be the perfect song. I love this music video.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

one vote for TMCA, please.

Unknown said...

Oddly enough, I kinda dig her voice. Both versions are very cool, the harp part is rad, but so is the "synth bell" part at the beginning of the second version.

:) You and your odd music.

I'll find you wierd stuff...;)

Cassie said...

It actually took place.
And, I love him.