My dad goes to Wendover once a month to treat patients there, and generally my grandparents of either side switch off joining in on the mini-trip. While we work, they go out and play.
Last Friday, my mom's dad came to Wendover with us. When he first got into the car, my dad asked how he was doing. "I'm doing great. My lungs are filled with air, the sky is filled with sun. I love to be around people of faith so trip is perfect. I'm headed to the gambling fields- the place of believers!"
When there were just a few patients left and the day was almost over, I asked my grandpa if he was bored and wanted a book to read while he waited. "Oh, reading a book will do me no good," he said in complete sincerity. "I can't get any smarter."
I freaking love my family. :)
My grandpa on the other side of the family came into the office. After his appointment was over, we offered to give him a ride to his car in the wheelchair to relieve some pressure on his feet. He sat in the wheelchair and said of his cane sitting in his lap, "Well I guess I don't need to use this for right now. I'll just use it as a whipping cane, knocking people out of my way," and jokingly waved the cane around.
"Oh yeah?" I asked, totally amused.
"Yeah," he said. "Mostly just for small children and animals though."
1 comment:
I wish I had a cane. Animals and Children are always getting in my way.
Post a Comment