Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Freedom

I deleted my Myspace page, finally.  It was long overdue.  It's all such nonsense anyway.  I do think Facebook is a little classier, so I might hang on to that little longer...

In other good news, I have a full time job.  I work as a back office assistant for my podiatrist pop.  It worked out rather well actually.  The former assistant quit and they needed someone in a hurry.  Coincidentally, my car broke down about the exact same time and I realized this would be the ideal job (for now), as I could easily catch a ride to and from work with them.  Funny how things work out like that.  I'm no longer receiving threatening, We're-gonna-send-your-ass-to-collections-so-you-better-pay-us-now bills.  It's nice to be able to pay my monthly minimum payments, and in some cases, entire bills.  

That is freedom.  

It's a rather interesting job.  I've assisted in several toenail surgeries and one rather cool tendon lengthening surgery.  I get to file nails and massage feet with lotion.  I am provided with protective gloves thankfully. 

My favorite part of the whole thing is developing x-rays.  It has to be done in complete darkness.  I spend 5-10 minutes alone in the x-ray room, following a series of motions (removing the x-ray from the case, inserting it into the developing machine, refilling the x-ray case which involves 4-5 more steps) whilst being blind as a bat, hoping that I am not messing up.  It's rather satisfying to hear the whirr come to a stop, turn on the lights, and see the x-rays in good condition resting on top of the machine.  It's hard work but being busy and productive is good, and my spirits are up.  

2 comments:

Kateka said...

Yay for having money! I hate being finacially tied down, I will cry or something the day that I feel like I have financial freedom. I am glad you are doing well and are happy again.

Cassie said...

I want to delete my myspace!... you have inspired me.