Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The bare walls made me do it.


The Great Wave at Kanagawa by Hokusai Katsushika

I fell in love with this piece of art my first year of college. It strangely was love at first sight, with no explanation. I have no idea why I've always liked this picture. But it was something that just stuck itself in my craw, like my desire to go to Ireland, or my love of watermelon. Once in a while I would remember it and look online or in poster shops and remember how much I wanted it. After Christmas, there was a 20% off plus free shipping deal online, and I couldn't resist. I figured after 5 years of lust, buyer's remorse was a virtual impossibility, and I bought it. I put it in a cheap Wal*Mart frame (I'm easy to please) and hung it over my bed. I adore the feeling of making a purchase that I will never regret; a purchase of something I truly do love.

No comments: