I used to love keeping a blog, but it feels like it's becoming a chore. I hate that it is though, because I love to write (or at least I used to). Hopefully this will pass after the semester and college in general are over, but I bet at that time, I'll have even less to say.
I feel so uninspired; have for a long time.
And I'm always one to love something until everyone else does or tries the same thing, at which point I will promptly dismiss it, even refuse to engage in it. Take Harry Potter, for example. I heard about the book and how great it was years and years ago before anyone had. I found one at a garage sale and bought it and encouraged my siblings to read it, even though I hadn't. Once HarryPotterMania caught on however, I would not read it, and can't even get through the first one, no matter how hard I try. Every time I bring up this conversation with a sibling, a fight ensues. That's off the subject.
It's the same with a blog. Now that everyone has one, eh...what's the point? Not saying I first had a blog, or that I am a trend setter by any means, but when something becomes too saturated, I just want to raise my head and take a breather.
4 comments:
Not in a mean way at all, but maybe you just like the credit of being unique??
There are very few good blogs, and there is only one about you.
I thought about this and I decided I change my reason as to why this is not as fulfilling as before. It is because maybe when you started your blog you felt like you were writing for you, but now you feel like you have to write for others...an audience per se. And maybe instead of writing real thoughts and feelings, you feel like you have to write to entertain. I actually have a secret blog that I have had for like a year that I've never told anyone about just because I write my real thoughts/concerns in it, but I don't want people to read them. So anyway, maybe this could be the reason. ?? It was good to see you today at your grad-ee-ation. I really am so proud/jealous of you. And I like your really dark hair.
It's true Kateka. I hate to hop on the band wagon when everyone has already realized something cool and been there before me.
My secret blog is my journal, but I haven't written in that for months. It's true- you kind of need something to write that only you have, and then another source where you write for others, to keep others up to date, etc. Perhaps if I start writing in my journal again, I'll find it somewhere in me to be creative blogwise too.
I'm glad you came to my graduation and to the cookie party! It's so good to see you guys and I love you so much!
Post a Comment