Friday, December 07, 2007

"...for the right one."

My 100th blog entry! And perfect that it should be on my favorite topic and yours- merry singlehood.

Having been unmarried and thus knowing lots of single people, I've always heard, "I'm just waiting for the right one," or "I haven't found the right one yet."

BOLOGNA!! (thanks, oscar mayer song, for reminding me of the correct spelling). That is the biggest cop-out of all time. Whenever I hear that, I think, "Well, maybe she/he found you, but you weren't yet right for them."

I believe one has to become "the one" for which the person which they are searching for is suited. It's not a one way game. One just doesn't sit on one's arse and wait for their one to be perfect for them. They have to be perfect for their one, as well. I'm confusing myself just writing that. All I mean is that, if you want to find the perfect person for you, become the best version of yourself, the perfect you for them. You can't just sit around and hope wonderful things will fall into your lap. Become the wonderful thing that falls into their lap.

3 comments:

.::still blinking::. said...

Also, like you said, you become perfect for each other. I think as I am nearing my six year anniversary we have grown into one well thinking duo, but that was not always the case.

When we first were married we fought all the time, we still do, but we have grown together and made each other better. We have molded ourselves to what the other person and to what we need.

Barefoot Cassandra said...

SO I agree with you if we are talking about the people that do nothing with their lives. The lazy, non-ambitious, non-deoderent wearing, "do you want to know what sound it makes when a dogs head is crushed by a car tire?" type. BUT there ARE people who do try and be a good people, they are goal setters, they are cute, smart and have hygiene, and are still single.

Don't mock those ones, AS WE ARE BOTH THAT TYPE.

SJ said...

Cassie- I'm not mocking those ones. I am talking about the ones like you mentioned who really don't make an effort to become anything and then use the phrase, "Still haven't found the right one."

All I'm saying is I think that phrase is a cop-out for some people.