The other day, I got this again: "Hurry up and get married!!" I just smiled and walked away. Sensing my joy at the comment, they responded nervously "Uh, but take your time, no need to hurry."
At least it wasn't, "Why aren't you married yet?" which implies that there is something inherently wrong with me because I didn't get a ring on the finger at seventeen and a ceremony at eighteen like all the girls in this culture do, which, in my opinion, is a bigger mistake than waiting.
1 comment:
HAha! You get that too, huh? I've been hearing that from my mom since I got home from my mission...but now even my dad is starting to say it, and that's a little harder to swallow. I feel your pain. This culture is a little strange. I even went so far as to send an email showing her the nation statistics for marrying ages to prove that Utah was a little premature, but that didn't sway her.
I saw on good ol' facebook that it's your birthday. Happy birthday.
Post a Comment