We were playing 20 Questions yesterday with my mom, and she went into one of her silly moods. I picked Mary Todd Lincoln and they had it narrowed down to a famous female figure in history.
"Were they married to someone famous?"
"Yes."
"Were they married to a president?"
"Yes."
"Was it Abraham Lincoln's wife!?!"
"Yes!" I shouted, thinking the game was over and she would then take a turn. But she was not done guessing.
"Emma Thompson!"
"Emma Thompson?" I asked, and she just busted up laughing.
On another turn, she started her guesses with "Person?...Place?...Toilet? Is it a turd? It's a turd isn't it!"
"No Aunt Karla, it isn't a turd," my cousin said, and my mom again busted up laughing.
"You see, I have to be able to laugh at myself or I'll go crazy," my mom explained. It helps us to avoid the nut house too. I've always loved the kooky personalities in my life, and I would prefer to spend any day of the week with the refreshing people who can laugh at themselves.
2 comments:
Which cousin?
It was Annalisa. She was here for a couple weeks.
Post a Comment