Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Addendum

I hate writing about my birds, but I have felt so uninspired to write about anything else lately. I seem to be in a rut in almost every area of my life and it has been going on for several months now. I don't expect it to last, but the hardest thing in the world seems to be seeing that things need to change and not having the knowledge or motivation to change them.

I was glancing through my old journal and found this entry of a teenager's beautiful dreams. So much changes when you get older.

"October 13, 2001-

I set up such gigantic dreams in my mind. I want to write best-selling, book-of-the-century novels. I want to create music that inspires people. I want to take pictures. I want so much of life.

I want to live in New York City and go to coffee shops and sit and see beautiful people and read poetry. I want to have a red beauty mark on my forehead and ride an elephant in India. I want to ride a horse on the sand along the beach. I want to lay on a brilliant green hillside in Ireland and look at the sky. I want to be around the people. I want to speak Italian, play the guitar, make soap, sing, analyze dreams, act, love. I want to make treasured and oft remembered memories with people I love, the kind of memories that drip with the picture-perfect timeless passion you find only in Hollywood classics. I don’t ask for a lot, do I? All I want is life."

2 comments:

.::still blinking::. said...

What is stopping you besides mothering baby birds?

SJ said...

FUNDS!!! and motivation.