Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years

This New Years, I went to a party with fun people, lots of sparkling cider, Dr. pepper, live guitar music, and seven episodes of Arrested Development. It doesn't get any better really. My friends also introduced me to a strangely hilarious cartoon called Charlie the Unicorn.

My New Years Resolutions for 2007 include:
1- Get mostly A's but I'll make allowances for B's too.
2- Graduate college already, freak.
3- Go to temple more than I am.
4- Get a job?
5- Lose 5 lbs a month until I reach my goal.
6- Write a novel.
7- Play Chopin's Nocturne in E# Minor perfectly.


Last years resolutions for 2006 were
1- Read scriptures every night and pray
2- service (perhaps read to school kids)
3- straight A’s
4- Do not miss class (two absences allowed in each class)
5- Work out 3-4 times a week (or more)
6- Lose 15 lbs (really original, I know)
7- Don't kiss before 3rd date or exclusive hang-out
8- Keep room clean, help w/ keeping house clean

I achieved 2, 4, 7, and 8. As for 1, I just got lazy. 3 was close but no cigar. 5 was a moderate success until summer when I passed out at the gym and thus developed a fear of treadmills (or that is the excuse I like to use for why I never work out). 6 is always a goal, but realistically one that I will never reach. It's been a good year. I feel that I've accomplished a lot and learned even more. I expect good things for 2007.

No comments: