Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Commitment
Why is it that I cannot commit? I know incredibly cool guys. I've dated many, but get terrified, totally and utterly terrified, at the thought of committing to a single one. Is that normal? Perhaps I am just be a serial dater at heart. I get comfortable being single and dating many people, and thus I become frightened that perhaps someone amazing will come along and change my comfortable single ways. I think I am most frightened of the prospect of a failed relationship rather than the relationship itself. Lauryn Hill said, "Love is not boastful, love is not loud." I have to look closely for the examples of stable and good and humble things, because the unstable screams for attention. I tend to notice examples of what a marriage should not be and forget to see the ones that are good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't think that commitment is something that you lack. I think that it is something that you are unwilling to do until you find the right person.
Post a Comment