
I was challanged by one of my writer friends to participate in National Novel Writing Month or NaNoWriMo. The goal, write 500,000 words from November 1-3oth or roughly the equivalent of 7 pages a day.
Wowzer.
I consider myself a writer, but honestly, the mother role has taken a little bit of precedence to writing. My main location of writing is my journal, and even that poor little book has been dying of malnourishment. I only write on average once a month, with each entry starting with something like this: "It's been another month and I'm still writing about Benjamin's birth? I'm pathetic!! I resolve now to write every day from here on out," ... and then the next entry (a month later) starts out with an almost exact replica of that pathetic opening statement.
I decided that during November, I will instead participate in National Blog Posting Month, or NaBloPoMo. Just write a blog once a day from November 1-3oth. Easy enough right? We'll see. If this goes well, I will try to do the 500,000 words on my own, during the month of December. I would really, really love to write that often and that much. It may be crap, but it will get me started in the process.
As my writing friend told me, "You have something to say. So what are you waiting for? Say it!"
This counts as my first entry. Readdddyyyy..... go!
3 comments:
Yeah, yeah, yeah! I am excited to read until my head spins about your day to day!
And yes, to the head pasting of Stu in my last post. I left a comment (in the COMMENTS) in regards to you on that post. You'll just have to go there again and read it because I don't want to write it again. :)
Can't wait to read all 30 posts!
good, i'm excited :)
Post a Comment