The garden this year is lovely. Lots of tomatoes, zucchini, summer squash. Peppers and eggplants are still growing. I forgot to plant carrots and peas in the pod and I'm slightly annoyed that I forgot to do so. My favorite thing is to go out, search among the plants, find some nice plump pods, crack them open, and eat them straight from the garden. Or pull a few carrots up, brush the dirt off, and eat them. Store bought will never taste as good as garden grown.
Saturdays and Sundays are my cheat days, times when I find myself slipping on the self control. I'm thinking of having my weekends be times of anti-diet, where I take healthy things and prepare them in such a way that it totally destroys any and all nutritious value. I made these yesterday. They were fried in oil and very yummy. Megan came in and watched me fry them.
M- Are those fish sticks?
S- No, they are squash puffs.
M-I'll squash your puff!
S-Um, ok. They're made from summer squash.
M- I'll squash your summer!
Yeah, we're on a witty one-liner kick.
We also made a chocolate cake with added grated zucchini. Next weekend, I think I will try fried green tomatoes. Deep fried goodness can't be that terrible, can it? I'll just justify it and call it a kick to the ol' metabolism.
3 comments:
I love fried green tomatoes. I usually just coat them in cornmeal, sprinkle them with salt and fry. Mmmmm! I am so jealous of everyone's gardens. Hopefully I will be able to get something to grow this fall/winter.
You should try deep-frying some Twinkies and Ding Dongs. Deep fry the devil out of them. Not even fatty calories can survive burning grease.
Ha, ha. Tell Megan she is funny. You too.
Post a Comment