Saturday, July 04, 2009

Change of Subject

Benjamin has discovered his feet. They are ALWAYS in his mouth. Even in the morning when he wakes up and is fussing, before he opens his eyes, there it is- the foot/feet in mouth. Usually people stretch to wake up, but Benjamin sucks on his feet to awaken himself. It makes me laugh.


He has also discovered his lungs. He's started making this sound that is a mixture of a pre-teen boy's voice cracking as he hits puberty, and a dying rooster. Yes, it sounds just as scary as the description. I will try to get a recording of it to prove it. As an observer, I'd probably laugh and think, "What a strange noise that baby is making!" but the mother in me is freaked out, thinking, "What's wrong? What can I do?" He makes this noise with such a calm, normal face that makes the noise even more eery, because shouldn't a sound like that accompany a look of horror?

He is also laughing pretty regularly. I was lucky enough to get his first real laugh on camera. He pulled my hair and in response to my "Ouch," he laughed, so like a clown, I said "Ouch" to him a hundred times. He loved it.

3 comments:

Tazia said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever heard! What a cute boy.

.::still blinking::. said...

I think he looks like you.

Kateka said...

Cutest laugh ever.