My baby was lying in my arms, all drowsy eyed and content and about to fall asleep when I did the unthinkable- I blew my nose. Loud. His eyes flew open in a millisecond of absolute terror and then he went into a cry in which he held his breath and his face went red, and then purple. I screamed, "Breathe man, breathe!" or something to that effect.He then took in a breath and screamed louder than I've ever heard him scream. With much consoling, he finally calmed down, and shuddered with soft cries for the next half an hour. I now have to walk around with tissue stuffed in my nostrils, as I can't risk another blowing of the nose. Even sniffling makes him anxious. If I forget and sniffle out of habit, I have to freeze and stare at him to gauge his reaction and whether it will send him into another snot-induced fit.
Oh, and all this swine flu mumbo jumbo? My brother is in Mexico. He wrote us and said that he and his companion pretty much just have to stay indoors all the time, and with little else to do, have perfected their chess skills. I'm worried about him. Let's hope if things get bad enough, those in high positions in the church ship those missionaries outta there.
5 comments:
I'm proud of you. You're learning all the little tricks that come with being a mama!
Poor baby, but that was a funny story! I hope your brother doesn't catch anything. :)
Holy cow. I am so nervous about Joseph. Please keep me posted on everything that happens. I hope he gets to leave!
I'm glad to hear you think you might have the swine flu too, it makes me feel better. We hear about this new disease and all the sudden you have all the symptoms. I probably have munchausens...
Stuffing tissues up your nose? Classic Sarah solution to a runy nose problem. I love it.
Post a Comment