Monday, February 02, 2009

I confess...

-After every doctor's appointment I have (and they are now weekly), I stop by McDonald's for a couple of .99 cent cheeseburgers. EVERY SINGLE TIME. If I'm feeling guilty about the cheeseburgers, I'll also get a fruit and walnut salad.

-When my brother on a mission is having a hard week, and writes letters expressing his frustration and stress, it makes my week so hard and makes me on edge until he writes again. I partly blame myself because we sprung the news of my pregnancy on him right before Christmas. When he writes reassuring letters, I can breathe a little easier. Today is a good day. I am OK until he writes again next Monday, and we'll see then how the week will go.

-My feet are so swollen, they've lost all shape and now resemble purple elephant feet.


-I had my baby shower on Saturday and realize how much I take for granted the family and friends in my life. I have so much love and support, and my baby is going to be one spoiled (actually 'loved' is a better term) kid.

8 comments:

Cassie said...

I love him already! No introduction required.

Anonymous said...

to prevent swollen feet, lay off the sodium and caffine. (my sister in law is due in 2wks..... and mickey d's is great (except for the fact they still manage to get a renegade onion on my supposedly onion-free burger) you are almost there.... your minion comes anon!!!

Eva said...

Ankle swelling is one of the first things to go postpartum. Birth the child and the ankles are immediately restored!
At least that's how it goes for me, and also one friend of mine. I suppose one would have to question a wider sampling of women to proclaim it as truth.

Tazia said...

Your poor ankles, feet and toes. They are so cute and full of water. I can't wait for your little one and I am so excited to find out what his name will be.

Camradd! said...

Wheres my invite to the baby shower? Dang, I missed out. Please name your child Camrann. I want to come see him as soon as I'm allowed. So, please let me know. Love you

Kateka said...

I keep thinking of baby names you should use of like, honorable people who've passed on. I'll be thinking of that said person and be like, 'Someone should name that child after that person!' Like, George Washington! No, that wouldn't work. Phil Hartman... again, no good. So, really I am coming up with nothing. I have a feeling the name will be Benjamin for your little french fry (ha, ha! How fitting, since you crave the McD's!) Yes! That's it. French Fry Benjamin McManama. I think it's catchy.

Kateka said...

Ha, ha, ha. No. It is still my blog. But he is the #1 thing I talk about. The only reason I am really changing the name is because I hate the name I have now. That's it. I just want something easy for the address instead of a bunch of nonsensical letters that just confuse the mind (like I have now). You are funny. People think of it as OUR blog anyway, instead of just mine. But good idea, I'll make him post sometimes. POST ABOUT THE BABY ALREADY! :)

Cam and Linds said...

Hey Sarah, Its Mano. I just wanted to say that i saw pictures of you and your beautiful baby boy on Cassie blog and I just wanted to say congratualtions!! Oh and I absolultey love his name!!