Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happ-----y New Year!

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
-I learned to knit (for real this time)!
-I got on the track to motherhood.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Do I ever keep my new years resolutions?  Bah.  If I even remember what they are.  I will make only one for next year.  It's the only thing I want.  And I will get it.  Oh, and one more-  write more real blogs and less tags/surveys.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes!  Aubrey and Travis had a cute little baby.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully.  I love all close to me and don't want to lose any.

5. What countries did you visit?

The good ol' USA.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More love for people, more kindness and less bitchiness (sorry for the language, but it just had to be said).  The capacity to forgive and the capacity for self-control.  To see the big picture of things and let the little, unimportant things go.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Watching Michael Phelps.  Ye-hah, that was fun!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Achievement wise, I don't feel that grand.  I have high hopes for next year though.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Giving my heart to someone who didn't deserve it.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just a few colds.  Nothing serious.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new (used) car!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My brother; he is serving a mission in Me-hee-co.  My sister; she graduated from school and got engaged. Congrats!  My younger sister; who was the lead in her play, got sterling scholar, and is pretty much the perfect person. I guess all my family!  They are all awesome.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
no comment.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Student loans and car payments.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Baby Tarzan!  Can't wait for him to get here!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"Too Late to Apologize"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? yep.
ii. thinner or fatter? hahah! fatter!
iii. richer or poorer? less in debt, but also with less spendable money.  So it depends on how you look at it, I guess.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Doing nature type stuff, getting in touch with my earthy side.  Spending time with my friends.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Sitting in the house, feeling sorry for myself.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family.  Is there a better way?

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Nope.

23. How many one-night stands?
What?  No thanks.  

24. What was your favourite TV program?
On Demand- Free Movies.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is such a terrible, nauseating emotion.

26. What was the best book you read?
The Book of Mormon (a cliched answer perhaps, but so very true)

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Well, banging on pots and pans in the front yard and screaming "Happy New Year!"  doesn't exactly qualify as musical discovery.

28. What did you want and get?
Hooker Boots, a car, knowing myself better than before.

29. What did you want and not get?
A digital camera, haha, but that can easily be gotten.

30. Favorite film of this year?
Wall*E was absolutely adorable and one of my favorites of all time, not just for the year. Hancock was totally entertaining.  I liked Benjamin Button quite a bit, and I loved the it created so much post-viewing discussion.  I haven't discussed a movie that much since The Prestige.  I also really liked Black Knight, but feel kind of weird about liking it, because of it's disturbing circumstances.  

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I ate at Johnny Carino's with some family and close friends.  I turned 25.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
You know what?  It was a pretty damn good year, especially December, with all the parties and family.  I love it.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Comfort + Frump = FRUMPFORT.  

34. What kept you sane?
Hard work, no joke.  Getting out and doing something worth my time. 

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Which figure did I fancy, as in have a crush on?  Michael Phelps, for sure.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Proposition 8.

37. Who did you miss?
A few who I've lost touch with. I miss my brother.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Baby T.  Technically, haven't met him yet.  And... I am biased in his favor anyway.  

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
-Recognize the good people and spend more time investing in quality relationships with them.
-Don't ignore red flags.  

40.  One word that will describe 2009.
Love.

3 comments:

.::still blinking::. said...

I love Showboat.

Tazia said...

Frumpfort, chihuahua pancakes, I just about pee my pants from laughter with your new words, they are my favorite, so funny, what would I do with out your blog?

Kateka said...

I agree with Tazia. You are so creative. I think I am the walking queen of Frumpfort. :)