Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ironman


I saw Ironman ten days ago. It is so entertaining, I think I'll go back and watch it one or two more times while it is still in the theater. This coming from a girl who rarely to never watches a movie twice while it's in the theater, even if I love it. Robert Downey Jr. is absolutely hilarious and perfect as the self-promoting tycoon turned hero. In terms of comic book movies, I may even have to say this is the best one I've seen (forgive me, Batman Begins).

Batman Begins competes with Ironman as my favorite, but Batman Begins is more dark and contemplative about life (which is more my style, although I can't seem to get over how much I loved the lighthearted humor of Ironman). I love the early scenes in which Christian Bale trains with Liam Neeson. I love the X-Men series, even #3 which everyone seems to hate. The Spiderman series is OK. And by "OK," I actually mean barely tolerable. It's very low on my list due to poor casting. Kirsten Dunst, Toby McGuire? Come on. Jake Gyllenhaal is Toby McGuire times 30. Additionally, watching Kirsten Dunst on the big screen kind of makes me want to gauge out my eyes. But I do enjoy #1 and #3, particularly the hilarious Emo Spiderman in #3.

But I digress. I love Ironman. It is definitely worth it to see it in the theaters.

2 comments:

Funk Master B said...

I agree. Dunst (a.k.a. Snaggletooth) really bugs me as Mary Jane. Ironman was awesome, but it may be trumped in my mind by the upcoming Dark Knight. We'll see.

Cassie said...

Oh! Dark Knight! Oh! CHRISTIAN BALE!
... comatose.