Saturday, January 26, 2008

100 Things (More or Less)

I've found that a few people have, on their 100th blog, post 100 random things about themselves and their life. I found them rather interesting, and decided to do it too. But, sad day, I've passed my 100th blog. I'm on 110. Then a wonderful thought occured to me: "I will do what I want." So I'm doing 110 random facts. If that bothers ya, I guess just don't read the last ten, or something.

110 Random Facts About SJ

1) I have a BS in psychology, which I received last month.
2) I'm blacklisted from ever working at Hogi Yogi again.
3) I lived on a porch for 4 months.
4) I have 24 finished journals/diaries.
5) Was named "Sarah" by my then 2 1/2 year old sister.
6) Can only eat meat if it doesn't look like the animal from whence it came (e.g. I can't eat shrimp because they still look like little creatures).
7) Am a True Aggie.
8) I cry every time I read Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie.
9) My favorite books are Les Miserables by Victor Hugo and The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho.
10) Have 2 sisters, 1 brother.
11) Was called "Rose" throughout most of junior high because I once wore the Heart of the Ocean necklace to school.
12) In college, I worked as a janitor for 2 months. Was never paid.
13) I have played the piano, flute, and trumpet. The piano is the only instrument I can still play.
14) Am learning to play the organ for sacrament meeting.
15) I hate French fries, pancakes, and eggnog.
16) I LOVE watermelon, Dr. Pepper, and ice cream.
17) I caught a bouquet 3 months ago.
18) I caught a garter when I was 10 and cried with embarrassment when I realized it was an Male Only tradition and that they would have to re-do it.
19) I'm learning to knit.
20) Was, at one point, teaching myself Italian because it wasn't offered in school.
21) Have been in love twice.
22) Had to retake 2-3 courses in college for various reasons.
23) Have jogged up and down Old Main Hill in Logan.
24) Was once dumped because my car floor was dirty.
25) Love sitting inside on rainy days.
26) Love the taste of rain (achieved by sucking rocks and licking cement after it rains- a totally disgusting but incredibly satisfying childhood habit).
27) Once created the accidental alias "Olive Warchester" and had junk mail coming for her every day for several years.
28) Lived in the same house until I was 18.
29) Have owned a dalmatian, a wiener dog, and a finch bird.
30) Was once almost drowned by a slightly loony cousin.
31) Not a big fan of Guitar Hero (sorry to my friends who love it).
32) In college, there was a span of about 2-3 weeks where I had $0.99 in my bank account and was too proud to say anything. My roommates boyfriend bought us all McDonald's cheeseburgers one day, and after I ate it, I went to my room and cried, genuinely considering that the kindest thing anyone had ever done for me.
33) I mainly buy my denim jeans at DI (but am very picky about brand and size).
34) Am friends with the smartest person alive. Someday, he will be famous, rich, well-known (probably all three) and I'll have the pleasure of saying I knew him way back when.
35) Was roommates with Ms. Cache Valley.
36) Am cousins with Ms. Herriman.
37) Never had the penchant to joint beauty pageants, although I was encouraged to.
38) Often wondered how my life (and his) would have turned out if I had never given him up.
39) Had my appendix removed in May.
40) Ran a half marathon in Disneyland in September.
41) Have had stitches 3 times in my life. One was the appendectomy. The other two times happened on the same foot, same toe, SAME EXACT SPOT, the injuries being 10 years apart and for different reasons.
42) Favorite ice cream is and always has been cookies and cream.
43) Once broke up with a boy on his birthday (and have always felt vaguely guilty about it).
44) I love black acid-free pens. Blue pens of any sort are evil.
45) I don't have good handwriting, but I always write everything on paper (in my journal) first.
46) I NEVER edit my journals. Sometimes I edit them if I turn them into blogs, but anything written in my journal stays that way, for better or worse.
47) I sucked my thumb until I was 9.
48) I sleep with earplugs and an eye mask.
49) It's been my lifelong ambition to be an author (of the best-selling, award winning sort).
50) Lost 25 lbs my first semester of college.
51) I own a record player. I pull it out mainly during the holidays to listen to old man jazz 50's Christmas music (my favorite).
52) Once had my future read. The prediction was that I would have boy, girl, boy, girl.
53) Most complimented feature are my eyes or smile.
54) Own personal least favorite feature- ghetto booty.
55) I met Kurt Douglas. He said, "My, the girls just keep getting prettier and prettier!"
56) I will swear until the day I die that I once saw Hitler, sitting on a bench in a New York park, feeding pigeons.
57) Favorite color- green.
58) Best purchase- white down comforter.
59) My dad cuts into feet for a living.
60) My first CD that I ever owned was Mariah Carrey.
61) I like to paint pumpkins rather than carve them.
62) Worked as a ticket agent at the airport.
63) Worked as a grocery store cashier.
64) Am allergic to bananas.
66) Once called in to X96 and won a CD 3-pack and a month supply of Dr. Pepper.
67) My favorite piece of jewelry is a pair of silver pink earrings I made three years ago.
68) Have dyed my hair all sorts of colors. My favorite style on myself is short, blonde, and wavy.
69) Own all 3 seasons of Arrested Development and watch them regularly.
70) Once had a contest with my sister: "Who Can Kiss [arbitrary number of] Guys First." I won.
71) Have never broken a bone.
72) Would argue that Juno is the best movie of the year.
73) I can make a lovely batch of homemade caramels.
74) I daydream about the next time I can go out for sushi.
75) I went to Vegas several years in a row to compete against dance teams from around the nation.
76) I pray that leg hair is nonexistent in the afterlife.
77) Once dated my home teacher.
78) Once dated a boy in jail (met him on work release).
79) As a child, I had my birthday party taken away one year because I was naughty on my birthday the year before.
80) My first memory = lying on the hood of a car watching a drive in movie, sucking on a bottle.
81) Not a fan of video games, but could sit and play 007: Goldeneye for hours and hours.
82) Had books of piano music stolen from my apartment at BYU-I (a church school...come on!)
83) Had my car DVD player stolen from my car while at a coffee shop.
84) Was in NYC and Washington DC three weeks before 9/11.
85) Prefer to drink out of glass cups, as it makes the water taste crisper and fresher.
86) Was obsessed with the movie Labyrinth as a child. Was it due, in part, to David Bowie's package? That can't be ruled out.
87) I hope my kingdom in heaven includes the Robinson Family Treehouse. That place rocks.
88) My favorite guy movies are Top Gun, Fight Club, and the Indiana Jones series.
89) I wrote a 39 page novella when I was a child, but then ripped it up and flushed it down the toilet.
90) In high school, my group of girlfriends and I had a huge collective crush on our school cop. We made pins with his image and the slogan "Hot Bald Cop" and wore them around. He found out and in a flattered, friendly way, confiscated my pin (somehow, my friends got to keep theirs).
91) Would love to get married in the San Diego temple, if it wasn't so far from family.
92) Once kicked my sister in the stomach and caused her to pass out.
93) Once had my tooth knocked out by above mentioned sister.
94) Once had my hair vacuumed up.
95) During college, I kept a "dream journal" in which I regularly recorded and analyzed my dreams.
96) I once interviewed a member of the Starzz basketball team and had it published in a sports magazine.
97) Was in a "secret class" in high school, which technically, didn't exist. But yet I went there every odd day.
98) Once played Glenda in 5th grade and became best friends with a 2nd grade munchkin.
99) One of my biggest regrets is that when junior high and high school rolled around, I didn't stay friends with my childhood best friend Melinda.
100) I once spit gum into the hair of a kid that annoyed me.
101) Used to know, and wish I still did, the capitols of all the US states and all the countries.
102) Had my first and only real flying dream when Camrann was my best friend.
103) Am one of the co-founders of "Chotch Ball."
104) Have searched everywhere for a pair of ruby red slippers that would fit me. They only make them for little girls and for Halloween!
105) Ran the car through the garage door when I was 15.
106) Had chameleon eyes as a toddler; they used to switch from blue to green on any given day.
107) My eyes are now a green/yellow color, not unlike those of a cat. But when I cry, they become brilliantly bright green.
108) Was once a packet of M&M's for Halloween.
109) Was once Raggedy Andy for Halloween.
110) Am glad this is the last one! That racked my brains.

3 comments:

.::still blinking::. said...

In the after life I would like no body hair and I also want beautiful feathered angel wings.

Kateka said...

Wahoo! I am #36! Sweet. I like this list. I like the idea of wearing pins about those you like and the idea of them actually SEEING them. When did you live on a porch?

SJ said...

Kateka-
I lived on a porch in Logan in the cute little house I lived in. It was designed as a porch and lived out the first 40-50 years as such, but was made into a room a few years before I moved in. I mean room by the basest sense of the word- it had four walls (two of which were the outside brick of the house, and two of which were improv window walls thrown in to make it a room).