-Planning for Haloween
-Hiding under my down comforter in cold weather
-Doing my homework on time


-This shift dress by Juicy Couture (which I will duplicate, once I learn how to sew)
I don't love...
-When people would rather watch season premiers than celebrate your b-day
-Flip-flops under wedding gowns. Seriously. Who told these girls it was ok to wear beachwear on their wedding day? It's your wedding day! The one day when you are truly a princess and you pick flip-flops? Totally class-less! I can't wait for this fad to go out of style. My wedding pictures won't be the kind where you can automatically pin-point the decade based exclusively on the bride's footwear.
4 comments:
I agree about the flip flops. I have a friend who bought shoes for her wedding that she says cost more than the dress. She said they were pointy, white, and satin. I can only imagine how pretty they are. I wore red shoes. I heard in my art classes that Ancient Roman women wore red shoes when they were married, so I did also. I still have them and have since developed quite a love for read shoes.
That is fantastic about the Ancient Romans- women with personality. I want red shoes too! As I was writing the blog, I thought how cool ruby red slippers would be. Maybe a bit quirky, but unique.
I agree 100% about the flip-flops to the wedding. It is soooooo white trash! And I have really good friends who love it, or have done it.
I have always wanted glass slippers. But if that is not accomplished I also like the idea of satin ribbons being tied up my legs from golden ballet shoes.
Oh and you said ruby slippers is quirky and unique? Ev wore those to her wedding!
I don't think it's so much white trash as it is just a very in-the-second fad that hopefully dies very soon. Most, if not all of my friends, have had flip-flops at their wedding too. I just have to shake my head and think "Not you too."
Post a Comment