Thursday, August 17, 2006

Be Careful What You Wish For

At my cousin's wedding, I was designated the official babysitter for the kids whose parents would be in the ceremony. This was no problem for me. I love kids and would almost prefer spending time with them. The four kids I watched were Parker (5 yrs), Karson (7 yrs), Annalisa (9 or 10 yrs) and their cousin Kate (just a baby).
I walked with the kids around temple square and then sat down with them by the fountain south of the temple. I found three pennies in my purse and told the kids I would let them make a wish and throw their pennies in the fountain on one condition- they had to tell me what they wished for.

"I wish for ice cream," Parker said.

"I wish never to get married," Karson said. Intrigued, I asked him why. "I don't want to kiss anyone. Kissing is gross."

"I wish for a baby sister," Annalisa said.

Parker said some other things I had to write about:
"Girl teenagers are called adults," he said a few days ago. Odd logic, but I can see that more than boy teenagers being called adults.
Once when we were in a tickle fight, he stopped suddenly and said, "I don't believe in tickling." I laughed. "Oh is tickling against your moral fiber?" and he was confused. "Wait, tickle me and then I'll see if I believe in tickling," he said. I tickled him and he shrieked. "Yep, I do!"

No comments: